Turkish Embassy in Helsinki

Embassy

The Treaty of Friendship establishing political relations between the Republic of Turkey and the Republic of Finland was signed on 9 December 1924 and entered into force in 1926. Turkey was represented in Finland at the level of Charge D'affaires and Minister Plenipotentiary between the years 1946-1959. The representation was upgraded to the level of Embassy in 1959.

The Embassy is located in Ullanlinna an idyllic and historical district very close to well-known Kaivopuisto Park and just 10 minutes walking distance from the city centre. The Turkish Embassy has been serving at its current chancery in Helsinki since 1992. The Consular Section is located at the first floor of the same building. The Office of the Military Attaché is in the Chancery, whereas the Office of the Culture and Promotion Counsellor and the Office of the Trade Counsellor serve at other addresses.

The building in which the Turkish Embassy is located, is a historical site dating back to 1900. The façade as well as the inner decorations of the Chancery are still preserved as original.